Ragi Savory Homemade Sevai
- For dough
- Ragi Flour - 1 n 1/2 Cup
- Water - 1 Cup to 2 Cups (Varies by method n recipe follows)
- Salt - As Needed
- Garlic/Shallot/Red Chilli - 2 Each (Optional)
- Cumin seeds - 1tsp
- For Tempering
- Steamed RagiSev
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Chopped Onion/Shallot - 1/2 Cup
- Red Chilli or Green chilli - 1-2 Numbers
- Curry Leaves - 1 Sprig
- Channa/Urad dhal - 1 Tbsp each
- Mustard Seeds - 1tsp
- Boil 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp of water with onion/red chilli n garlic, when starts boiling, filter and again bring to boil.
- The water should boil well, now make a well in the flour and pour the very hot/boiling water in batches
- Mix well with wooden spatula and when all flour gets the moisture, stop adding more water.
- You may not need all water but depends on the boiling temp I have given extra quantiy, for 1 1/2 cup of flour 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp of water is what i exactly used).
- The right consistency is the flour changes color/wet enough and need not be rolled together like a chapathi dough.
- Now when you knead with your palms it should gather well without any crack/breaks...
- By this time the flour will be half cooked (Pic 1, stepwise picture below) n dough should be slightly gooey..
- You can rest the dough for 5 mins but it is not necessary, when the dough is warm you can press it easily...