Mini Masala Idli
- Mini Idlis – 15 to 20
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Idli/Dosa Milagai Podi – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1
- SUGAR : 1 TSP.
- Capsicum – 1/2
- Carrot – 1
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Salt – as needed
- Soak all the millets with parboiled rice for 2 hours.
- Soak urad dal and fenugreek for 2 hours.
- Drain the urad dal and fenugreek and grind it into a smooth batter with spreads of some water and trans- fer into a large vessel.
- Next, drain the millets and grind into batter with spreads of water.
- Transfer the batter into the urad dal mixture, add salt and mix it well with clean hands
- Allow 8-12 hours for fermentation.Now its ready to make paniyaram.
- Take the required amount of paniyaram batter into a mixing bowl and keep it aside
- Take the grated or small pieces jaggery add 2-4 Tbsp of water and melt it completely
- Add the jaggery syrup into the batter via coffee filter little by little and stir it well.
- Check the sweetness of the batter and add according to your sweet taste, if not enough add little and mix it well. Heat paniyaram pan on low-medium flame.
- Add 1 Tsp of oil in every well of the paniyaram pan. Add walnuts to the oil and then pour sweet pani- yaram batter to the ¾ of the well, because it will rise while cooking. And cover with lid for 1 minute on low flame.
- Now flip the each paniyaram with the help of skewer or wooden stick
- After it gets cooked take out from the well and keep it in bowl.
- Serve it hot, if you wish serve with coconut chutney.